Release Announcement Bitcoin Classic 1.3.5
August 22st, 2017.
Bitcoin Classic updates the 1.3 version with various bugfixes. Most important a fix the issue that some people saw their node getting 'stuck' syncing a week or so in the past.
After the successful creation of Bitcoin Cash we proudly present the stable, most user friendly Bitcoin full node that allows you to choose the Bitcoin you want.
- Full Bitcoin Cash support, using the UAHF name. A special download is available.
- Ability to automatically migrate and separate out the Bitcoin Cash data from the traditional chain. This allows users to run two nodes, each following a different chain.
- Faster re-connecting to Bitcoin Cash capable nodes by remembering which nodes support it.
- Full zero-fee transaction support. From relay for others as well as creation in the wallet and mining. Would the whole network run Classic, it would work today. Unfortunately other clients are not supporting this yet.
- Much improved log-file support. Including runtime reloading of config-file using SIGHUP.
This client is fully compatible with the Bitcoin Cash spin-off from Bitcoin, but using the default settings we ignore it. You can change the config-file, or we point you to the specialized UAHF version of Classic.
Details added in 1.3.5;
Important fixes and features;
- 0fdedc84 Fix compile without berkleyDB
- 71949b00 Only accept addresses from Cash nodes
- 1f347457 Keep searching for xthin nodes
- d8e51648 Fix off-by-one and related issues in BCC-migration
- b4ee58d3 fixed memory leak on Mac OSX
- 9d72713a Use blockid for UAHF chain detection
- 1a97ddcb Deprecate -uahfstarttime and introduce -uahf=true
- 250932af Make Classic aware of BIP9-bit1
Special thanks goes to developer gubatron who single-handedly created 26 commits to clean up sourcecode for better maintainability.
And various minor bugfixes and updates.