Release Announcement Bitcoin Classic 1.3.3 UAHF
August 3st, 2017.
Bitcoin Classic updates the 1.3 version to add the ability to switch a datadir from BTC to the BCC chain.
The UAHF version of Bitcoin Classic automatically follows and uses the Bitcoin Cash spin-off of Bitcoin.
As the latest in the crazy week of Classic releases in relation to the successful Bitcoin Cash creation, here is a brief overview of what the 1.3 version of Bitcoin Classic adds.
- Full Bitcoin Cash support, using the UAHF name. A special download is available.
- Ability to automatically migrate and separate out the Bitcoin Cash data from the traditional chain. This allows users to run two nodes, each following a different chain.
- Faster re-connecting to Bitcoin Cash capable nodes by remembering which nodes support it.
- Full zero-fee transaction support. From relay for others as well as creation in the wallet and mining.
- Much improved log-file support. Including runtime reloading of config-file using SIGHUP.
- Won't crash on asserts because we restored sanity, asserts are not part of release builds.
This release is the latest update and we urge anyone that is interested in using Bitcoin Cash to upgrade.
Details added in 1.3.3;
- f120d158 Refactor: remove using namespace std
- 23f07895 Add chain-switch code (BTC->BCC)
- 227e7d84 Swap init step 6 & 7
- e55c3fe9 fix logic.
And various minor bugfixes and updates.