Release Announcement Bitcoin Classic 1.3.3
August 3st, 2017.
Bitcoin Classic updates the 1.3 version to add the ability to switch a datadir from BTC to the BCC chain.
As the latest in the crazy week of Classic releases in relation to the successful Bitcoin Cash creation, here is a brief overview of what the 1.3 version of Bitcoin Classic adds.
- Full Bitcoin Cash support, using the UAHF name. A special download is available.
- Ability to automatically migrate and separate out the Bitcoin Cash data from the traditional chain. This allows users to run two nodes, each following a different chain.
- Faster re-connecting to Bitcoin Cash capable nodes by remembering which nodes support it.
- Full zero-fee transaction support. From relay for others as well as creation in the wallet and mining.
- Much improved log-file support. Including runtime reloading of config-file using SIGHUP.
- Won't crash on asserts because we restored sanity, asserts are not part of release builds.
This client is fully compatible with the Bitcoin Cash spin-off from Bitcoin, but using the default settings we ignore it. You can change the config-file, or we point you to the specialized UAHF version of Classic.
Details added in 1.3.3;
- f120d158 Refactor: remove using namespace std
- 23f07895 Add chain-switch code (BTC->BCC)
- 227e7d84 Swap init step 6 & 7
- e55c3fe9 fix logic.
And various minor bugfixes and updates.
For more help with installation, and instructions how to download please visit bitcoinclassic.com/gettingstarted.html